Thomas and Friends Billy
In Thomas and Friends Billy (real name William) is a Manning Wardle L Class orange tank engine who was a one-off character.
In Thomas and Friends, Billy is keen to stick his nose in but this leads him to make impulsive and impatient decisions. He struggles to listen and is over self-assertive, while his attitude has a lot of negatives he is enthusiastic and means well.
In Thomas and Friends, Billy's only appearance was in the season 11 episode "Don't Be Silly Billy" Billy was brought to Sodor to presumably help with small goods trains and shunting. Sir Topham Hatt instructed Thomas to show Billy around, but Billy took every piece of advice from Thomas as bossy and refused to listen. This got him in trouble later on when he ran out of coal and water. At the end of the episode Billy, take's Thomas' advice and finishes his job at a great time.
Billy was intended to return in CGI but was replaced by Charlie.
In Thomas and Friends, Billy is based on a Manning Wardle L Class steam locomotive. A similar character named Charlie has the same class as Billy, there are 2 preserved engines of this kind named 'Sir Berkeley', and 'Winston Churchill'.
Manning Wardle L Class. Billy's basis in service.
In Thomas and Friends, Billy is a bright orange with yellow and green lining.
Voice & Whistles/Horns
Billy's UK Voice
Billy's US Voice
Model & TVS Background
In Thomas and Friends, Billy's model was made of brass and made for gauge 1 track. 2 Chassis were made for Billy and there were 2 servos for up and down eye movement.
Billy had 1 episode appearance ("Don't Be Silly Billy"), he was planned to appear in season 13 episode "Splish Splash Splash" but was replaced by Charlie.
Toys & Merchandise
- Thomas Wooden Railway Billy: This version of Billy came out in 2008 and was discontinued in 2012. There would later be a Talking Railway Series variation that would talk when rolled over a special sensor.
- HiT Toy Trackmaster Billy: came out in 2008 and discontinued in 2009. This version is motorized and includes a double-A battery.
- Take Along Billy: came out in 2008 and discontinued in 2009.
- Plarail Capsule Billy: is a wind-up model that was released in Japan.
- Golden Bear Billy: Had 2 releases, a non-talking, and a talking version. The talking version is significantly larger and is powered by 2 double A batteries.
Billy's face masks
Billy's Model Next To His Spare Chassis
Wooden Railway Billy
Capsule Plarail Billy
Golden Bear Billy
Talking Golden Bear Billy
Thomas and Friends Billy
Thomas and Billy
- Thomas & Friends Wikia
- Sodor Island Fansite
- Tom Props