Thomas and Friends Freddie
In Thomas and Friends, Freddie is a wise daredevil that is fearless to anything in his path.
In Thomas and Friends, Freddie has the nickname "Fearless Freddie", this is due to his daredevil tendencies and fearlessness. He is also wise and knows a lot of the old paths and locations on the Skarloey railway. He is good friends with Sir Handel and has been since he was young.
While it's unknown what happened to Freddie during his time away from the Skarloey railway we do know that he returned from a long absence to meet Sir Handel again and meet Skarloey and Rheneas (he did not remember either of them). He would end up racing Skarloey and Rheneas, after falling behind he used his experience and knowledge of the railway to take shortcuts, which would end up endangering Rheneas. After this, he decided his experience should be used for better things. Freddie would later have more adventures including finding a bell for Mr. Percival's bike and setting up a Christmas party for Colin.
In Thomas and Friends, Freddie is based on a real engine named Russell, who is a welsh warhorse tank engine.
Russell, Freddie's basis in service.
In Thomas and Friends, Freddie is white with red and black lining
Voice & Whistles/Horns
(S10-S12 Michael Angelis) Freddie's UK Voice
(S10-S12 Michael Brandon) Freddie's US Voice
Freddie never had a unique whistle, he only shared Emily's in a season 10 segment.
Model & TVS Background
In Thomas and Friends, Freddie's model was fitted for O gauge track and made of brass. They used servos to control the up and down eye movement.
Freddie debuted in the season 10 episode "Fearless Freddie". He would make later minor appearances and cameos until making his last appearance in the season 12 episode "The Man in the Hills"
Toys & Merchandise
- Thomas Wooden Railway Freddie: This version of Freddie came out in 2008 and was discontinued in 2016
- Take Along Freddie: This version of Freddie came out in 2007 and discontinued in 2009
- Take n Play Freddie: This version of Freddie came out originally in 2011 with the older style of magnets, this version would remain until 2012 when it would be discontinued. Freddie is now produced with the wooden railway style round magnets (2014-present)
- TOMY Plarail Freddie: This version of Freddie came out in 2007 and was discontinued in 2012
- HiT Toy Trackmaster Freddie: This version of Freddie came out in 2007 and was discontinued in 2009.
- Mattel Trackmaster Freddie: This version of Freddie came out in 2009 and was discontinued in 2014.
- Plarail Capsule Freddie: This version of Freddie came out in 2008.
7 of Freddie's face masks
Freddie in "Fearless Freddie"
Wooden Railway Freddie
Take n Play Freddie
Plarail Capsule Freddie
- Thomas & Friends Wikia
- Sodor Island Fansite
- Tom Props