Thomas and Friends Molly
In Thomas and Friends, Molly is a strong but shy tender engine that loves to feel important.
In Thomas and Friends, Molly is proud and friendly but shy. She takes pride in her strength but pulling less important trains makes her feel less important.
In Thomas and Friends' season 9 episode "Molly's Special Special" she comes to Sodor and is immediately laughed at by Emily for pulling an empty freight train. Thomas feels bad so he gets the trucks to be covered with a tarp to make the trucks look full, to Molly's delight. Later on, the tarp would be blown off in front of all the other engines, this leads to Molly feeling less important just like before. After realizing that all the other engines need empty trucks at the coaling plant she knew her job was important.
Molly would later make minor appearances, she would end up getting back at Emily for teasing her by poking fun at her for working with Whiff and garbage.
In Thomas and Friends, Molly is GER Classes S46, D56, and H88, this class was withdrawn in the early 1960s, and 0 have been preserved.
Molly's appearances, credit: Derek Delgado
In Thomas and Friends, Molly is yellow with red lining.
Voice & Whistles/Horns
(S9-S11 Michael Brandon) Molly's US Voice
(S9-S11 Michael Angelis) Molly's UK Voice
Model & TVS Background
In Thomas and Friends, Molly's model was made of brass and fitted for gauge 1 track. Her eyes were controlled by 2 servos that allowed his eyes to move up, down, and side to side.
Molly would make her first speaking appearance in season 9 episode "Molly's Special Special", she would later only make minor roles up to "The Great Discovery" which would be her last appearance.
Despite having a face that doesn't fit her full smokebox in the show her prototype faces filled out her entire smokebox. It's unknown why this change was made or if it was on purpose.
Toys & Merchandise
- Thomas Wooden Railway Molly: This version of Molly came out in 2006 and was discontinued in 2012.
- Take Along Molly: came out in 2006 and discontinued in 2009. There is a metallic variation of this model.
- Take n Play Molly: came out in 2010 and discontinued in 2014.
- TOMY Plarail Molly: came out in 2005 and discontinued in 2012.
- HiT Toy Trackmaster Molly: came out in 2007 and discontinued in 2009. There's a remote control variation of this version.
- Mattel Trackmaster Molly: came out in 2010 and discontinued in 2013. There's a remote control variation of this version.
- Plarail Capsule Molly: came out in 2008 and is a wind-up model.
5 of Molly's face masks
Molly's front model orthos
Molly's side model orthos
Molly in "Molly's Special Special"
Molly's promotional art
Thomas Wooden Railway Molly
Take n Play, Molly
Mattel Trackmaster Molly
Plarail Capsule Molly
- Thomas & Friends Wikia
- Sodor Island Fansite
- Tom Props