Thomas and Friends Neville
In Thomas and Friends, Neville is a friendly SR Class Q1.
In Thomas and Friends, Neville is enthusiastic, kind, and friendly. With all this being said he is sensitive but won't hold a grudge to those who say rude things towards him, usually directed at his strange shape.
In Thomas and Friends season 9 episode "Thomas and The New Engine" Neville came to Sodor and he was teased immediately by the two twin diesel shunters 'Arry & Bert. However this was misconstrued as him being friends with the 2 diesel's by Thomas, this would become a rumor that spread around the steam engines. Neville was nice to the engines but due to the rumor they didn't greet him back, some even thought he was planning to bump them. Later on, Neville would nearly fall down a broken bridge, Thomas would save him and makeup with Nevile.
In his limited future appearances, Neville has been displayed as slightly cheeky and ready to work.
In Thomas and Friends, Neville is based on SR Class Q1, this design was known as the ugly duckling due to being boxy and peculiar. The first of this class is preserved at the National Railway Museum.
The SR Class Q1. Neville's basis in service.
In Thomas and Friends, Neville is plain black with red buffer beams.
Voice & Whistles/Horns
Neville's US Voice
Neville's UK Voice
Model & TVS Background
In Thomas and Friends, Neville's model was made from plastic and fitted for gauge 1 track, 2 servos were used for his up, down, and side to side eye movements.
Neville had a limited amount of appearances, with his first in-season nine and last in season 12. He did not make the cut for CGI in season 13.
Toys & Merchandise
- Thomas Wooden Railway Neville: This version of Neville came out in 2006 and was discontinued in 2008.
- TOMY Plarail Neville: came out in 2005 and discontinued in 2012. This version is very similar motorized and includes a double-A battery.
- HiT Toy Trackmaster Neville: came out in 2007 and discontinued in 2009. This version is very similar to the Plarail version.
- Mattel Trackmaster Neville: came out in 2010 and discontinued in 2013.
- Take Along Neville: came out in 2006 and discontinued in 2009. This version was noticeably recalled in Canada due to being considered a choking hazard. There was also a metallic variation produced.
- Take n Play Neville: released in 2012 and discontinued in 2016.
- Golden Bear Neville: Had a speaker that spoke phrases when his dome was pressed.
- Plarail Capsule Neville: Wind-up
Neville's Face Masks
Neville's Front Model Orthos
Neville's Side Model Orthos
Wooden Railway Neville
Capsule Plarail Neville
Golden Bear Neville
Take n Play Neville
Mattel Trackmaster Neville
HiT Toy Trackmaster Neville
TOMY Plarail Neville
Neville's Model In an Episode
- Thomas & Friends Wikia
- Sodor Island Fansite
- Tom Props